Administrative Assistant – Day Program
Website Aspire of Western New York
High School Diploma plus one year of secretarial training. A minimum of two years experience.
To provide administrative support services for the Agency to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Duties are the ability to:
Type accurately, answer telephones, prepare payroll and billing reports accurately, distribute information, maintain fiscal records accurately, use office equipment. Adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
The function of the position usually is performed sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involve working on a computer keyboard, typewriter, calculator, cutting, labeling and taping involve extensive wrist and hand movement. Provide two-way communications with people. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and performs secretarial, reception and related clerical duties of the program, including greeting and escorting visitors.
- Types required program information including performance appraisals, letters, minutes, memos, activity calendars, reports, forms, etc. utilizing available computer equipment and software. Distributes completed work as directed.
- Organizes administrative functions of the office to ensure efficiency and accuracy. Includes managing and prioritizing tasks of all involved staff and departments.
- Prepares payroll reports accurately, including maintenance of benefit time accruals.
- Completes tasks as directed related to program fiscal management: check requests, purchase orders, petty cash, purchasing, medical manager billing, etc.
- Maintains appropriate filing and records as directed by program needs, ensuring confidentiality for both staff and individuals receiving service.
- Maintains and submits attendance and billing records in accordance with program needs ensuring accuracy and timeliness of submission. Includes development and maintenance of data bases as requested.
- Supervises Administrative Secretary for the program.
- Participate in committees and meetings as assigned; record meeting minutes as directed.
- Participates in maintaining safety of work environment.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com