Website Aspire of Western New York
Certification from the College of Direct Support or Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field with knowledge of education and teaching skills and one year experience working with adults with disabilities or three years experience working with people with disabilities and computer skills.
Provides a continuum of community based learning opportunities to the participants and staff of the Agency to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Functions are the ability to:
Assists supervisor with the management of the day to day operations of the CO-OP Day program as assigned; assists with the development of training programs and provides one-one-one community based instruction to people receiving services; assist with the provision of personal care as needed; provide maintenance and assistance with learning opportunities; provide personalized training. Adherence to attendance and lateness standards is required.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
The Physical Functions of the position are the ability to:
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people of Aspire services. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities to be performed listed below in all environments and using all appropriate equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk or injury.
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as required in their prescribed individual program plans-bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift and place people in pieces of the equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist supervisor with the management of the day-to-day operations as assigned.
- Provides instruction, assists in the development of curricula and provides one-on-one instruction to individuals in accordance with their individualized service plans, valued outcomes, weekly schedules and day program plans.
- Assists with providing specific training to individuals based on their personal goals within the areas of personal expression, community integration and personal wellness.
- Pursues new business as assigned. This includes providing tours and disseminating information to the public.
- Prepares required documentation for services including but not limited to: individual service plans, training plans, and daily and monthly notes.
- Assists with designing services to ensure that personalized and group goals are met.
- Assists with the provision of personal care services as needed.
- Coordinates positive relationships and communication among individuals served, families, advocates, involved others and the Agency.
- Participates in in-services, staff trainings, committees, and meetings as required.
- Conducts site safety and sanitation inspections; ensures adherence to safety and sanitation policies and procedures; reporting and ensures correction of any unsanitary/unsafe conditions and practices to ensure the health, safety and well being of individuals served, employees, volunteers and general public.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org