Intro to Services
My Loved One Has a Developmental Disability. How Can Aspire Help Us?
Aspire of WNY’s Central Intake Department is the single point of contact for individuals, their families and circles of support seeking services from Aspire of WNY. Our team can assist with:
- Navigating and understanding the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Front Door process and obtaining necessary authorization for services
- Aspire has a newly implemented process for intake of all OPWDD Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver services. After services are authorized, Care Coordinators are able to download our cover letter and application to make a referral. Contact information for submitting referral packets can be found on the cover letter.
For more information in Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua or Cattaraugus County please contact:
What Happens After Going Through the OPWDD Process?
Once you have OPWDD approval for services, Aspire of WNY can offer you a wide range of supports and services. Aspire has over 65 years of experience in providing innovative approaches and solutions to individual needs and creating person-centered programs. The following are a few examples of how we can assist you once eligibility is established:
- Aspire of WNY offers respite services, assistance in securing environmental modifications or adaptive technologies.
- If you or your child is a student preparing to transition from school to life after school and is in need of support, our individualized transition programs can help you find or develop the program that best suits your needs.
- If you are advocating for an adult or family member that is in need of a different residential, employment or day activity, Aspire offers individualized solutions that are based on desired outcomes.