Intro to Services
My Loved One Has a Developmental Disability. How Can Aspire Help Us?
Single point of contact for individuals, their families and circles of support seeking services from Aspire of WNY. Our team can assist with:
- Navigating and understanding the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Front Door process and obtaining necessary authorization for services
- After services are authorized, our staff can help guide individuals and their support team through the intake process for supports and services at Aspire as authorized
For more information in Erie, Niagara or Chautauqua County please contact:
(716) 838-0047 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens After Going Through the OPWDD Process?
Once you have OPWDD approval for services, Aspire of WNY can offer you a wide range of supports and services. Aspire has over 65 years of experience in providing innovative approaches and solutions to individual needs and creating person-centered programs.The following are a few examples of how we can assist you once eligibility is established:
- If you are new to the process of securing supports and services for your child, Aspire offers service coordination to ensure you maximize your opportunities.
- Aspire of WNY offers respite services, assistance in securing environmental modifications or adaptive technologies, benefit maintenance, recreational activities and advocacy.
- If you or your child is a student preparing to transition from school to life after school and is in need of supports, our individualized transition programs can help you find or develop the program that best suits your needs.
- If you are advocating for an adult or family member that is in need of a different residential, employment or day activity, Aspire offers individualized solutions that are based on desired outcomes.
For further information, contact our Service Navigators at:
Buffalo Area (716) 505-5280 Southern Tier (716) 763-9070