Intro to Services
My Loved One Has a Developmental Disability. How Can Aspire Help Us?
Services and Support Navigators
Aspire of WNY has a team of Intake professionals to help guide individuals, advocates, and families through the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Front Door process. Before any supports and services are made available, the required Front Door and eligibility assessments must be completed.
How We Can Help
- Aspire of WNY’s Intake Department can assist you with completing the necessary paperwork to get the eligibility process started.
- If you have already established eligibility with OPWDD, we will help you navigate the Front Door process to receive information, assessment, planning and authorization for supports and services. We can also assist you in establishing the method of funding, and the development of an individualized service plan.
- For those who have already been through OPWDD’s Front Door and have received authorization for services, we can help guide you to the appropriate Aspire representative to insure that you will receive the supports and services as authorized.
What Happens After Going Through the OPWDD Process?
Once you have OPWDD approval for services, Aspire of WNY can offer you a wide range of supports and services. Aspire has over 65 years of experience in providing innovative approaches and solutions to individual needs and creating person-centered programs.The following are a few examples of how we can assist you once eligibility is established:
- If you are new to the process of securing supports and services for your child, Aspire offers service coordination to ensure you maximize your opportunities.
- Aspire of WNY offers respite services, assistance in securing environmental modifications or adaptive technologies, benefit maintenance, recreational activities and advocacy.
- If you or your child is a student preparing to transition from school to life after school and is in need of supports, our individualized transition programs can help you find or develop the program that best suits your needs.
- If you are advocating for an adult or family member that is in need of a different residential, employment or day activity, Aspire offers individualized solutions that are based on desired outcomes.
For further information, contact our Service Navigators at:
Buffalo Area (716) 505-5280 Southern Tier (716) 763-9070