Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services or related field with three years experience working with computer technology in an adult day program or educational setting and experience providing evaluations and individualized training to developmentally disabled people.
To assist with the coordination of assistive technology evaluations and computer training services for the Agency to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Functions are the ability to:
Assist with the coordination of technology contracts; conduct and write technology evaluations, vocational assessments and related reports; assist with the provision of technology services; works cooperatively with other program managers to design program plans and training programs for people attending day services at Technology Today. Adherence to attendance and lateness standards is required.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
The Physical Functions of the position are the ability to:
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people of Aspire services. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities to be performed listed below in all environments and using all appropriate equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk or injury.
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as required in their prescribed individual program plans-bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift and place people in pieces of the equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the coordination of technology contracts for evaluations and the computer training programs for Technology Today.
- Conducts and writes technology evaluations, vocational assessments, and prepares written reports as they relate to contracted assistive technology services.
- Assists in providing technology services for people receiving computer training services. This includes providing instruction, developing curricula and training individuals on the fundamentals of computer operations and on specific software applications as well as the installation of assistive software and hardware to work stations.
- Prepares required documentation for services including, but not limited to: individualized training plans for people receiving contracted computer training services, progress and final reports, and written recommendations.
- Works cooperatively with other managers to design program plans and training programs for people attending day services at Technology Today to ensure that assistive technology outcomes/goals are met.
- Provides intake assessments for people who are interested in attending the Technology Today programs.
- Assesses and evaluates individuals’ home, work and school environments for adaptive modifications
- Assists with the provision of personal care services as needed.
- Coordinates positive relationships and communication among individuals served, families, advocates, involved others and the Agency.
- Participates in in-services, staff trainings, committees, and meetings as required.
- Conducts site safety and sanitation inspections; ensures adherence to safety and sanitation policies and procedures; reporting and ensures correction of any unsanitary/unsafe conditions and practices to ensure the health, safety and well being of individuals served, employees, volunteers and general public.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Management reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.
Receives direct supervision. Is able to work from defined objective requiring the use, interpretation and implementation of a wide range of policies, procedures, regulations, laws and past practices. Plans and arranges work, handles questions and problem situation referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
CONSEQUENCE OF ERRORS:
Possible errors include, but not limited to: loss of contracted funding if quality of technology services is not provided, poor customer satisfaction, damage to computer and/or software.
SAFETY FOR OTHERS:
Responsibility to keep work area free of hazards and report unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel. Simple equipment and light material is involved.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org