Speech Therapy Supervisor
Website Aspire of Western New York
Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology; Certificate of Clinical Competence from American Speech Language and Hearing Association; NYS License and 5 years clinical experience.
Supervise and coordinate Speech Therapy Services for the CFL to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Duties are the ability to:
Manage Speech Therapy Services for the Agency to ensure compliance with governing haws, regulations, regulatory agencies, bargaining unit agreement, agency policy and procedures.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people Aspire serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury.
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as per program needs. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans–bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual as per program needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery of Speech Therapy Services at the CFL.
- Supervises Speech Therapy staff, staff patterns and staff development including hiring, discipline and termination.
- Coordinates and supervises day to day Speech Therapy operations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable rules, regulations and Speech Therapy Professional Standards.
- Develops policy and procedures for Speech Therapy Services.
- Supervises and coordinates Student training and Clinical Fellowship Year placements.
- Coordinates Augmentative, Feeding/Swallowing clinics and Audiology Service.
- Develops, coordinates and monitors QA/QI standards for Speech Therapy Services.
- Fosters positive relationships and communication among individuals served, families, advocates, professionals and employees.
- Provides training/direction as needed.
- Participates in agency and community committees.
- Ensures documentation and record keeping processes are maintained.
- Responsible for oversight in all areas of safety and sanitation; adherence to safety and sanitation policies and procedures; reporting and correction of any unsanitary/unsafe conditions and practices to ensure the health, safety and well being of individuals served, employees, volunteers and general public.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org