Website Aspire of Western New York
High School diploma with one year of secretarial training and a minimum of two years of work experience.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of seven and one half hour shift with one hour unpaid meal break without significant risk of serious injury. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently to complete office processes/practices including typing, filing, phone usage and other assigned work. Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to be able to complete site purchasing and provide oversite of approval correspondence. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate computer, calculator, photocopier and other office equipment. Ability to collect information from a variety of sites and forward information to appropriate personnel.
Provide administrative support services for the Agency to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Functions are the ability to:
Follow policies and procedures/standard office practices and regulations. Complete specific tasks as directed by supervisor and review work for process errors. Must be able to direct communication (verbal and written) in a professional manner to the appropriate program administration personnel or site manager. Decisions are dictated by preset standards and practices. Select priorities within a small range of assignments. Requires work to be closely checked. Adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
The function of the position usually is performed :
Sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. tasks involve working on a computer keyboard, typewriter, calculator, cutting, labeling and taping involving extensive wrist and hand movement. Provide two-way communications with people. All individuals are required to perform these movements without significant risk of injury.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes for the Program Administration of the Housing and Residential Program Division the following clerical duties:
- Typing, word processing, formatting, interpreting, revising, proofreading various correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, assessments and other appropriate written communication.
- Answers phones and directs verbal communications to ensure proper connections.
- Develops, monitors, utilizes appropriate filing and documentation systems to ensure easy access and retrieval for a full range written communications.
- Completes other clerical tasks as needed like copying, faxing and assistance with office equipment.
- Acts as a receptionist in assisting visitors, staff and consumers to their desired destination or contact. Assists in meeting planning and implementation by giving directions to participants.
- Coordinates in conjunction with other office staff, program administration and service managers purchasing requisitioning and accounting of goods and services for the Division.
- Gathers information on consumer service frequency to be used in billing.
- Assists in accumulating appropriate documentation to support requests for and monitors consumer entitlements.
- Assists Division program administration in tracking of staff payroll records before, during and after review by payroll department.
- Assists program administration in tracking training.
- Maintains appropriate listing of information necessary to support the Division program administration.
- Participates in maintaining a safe work environment
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org