Safety & Security Associate
Website Aspire of Western New York
Overnight Safety & Security Associate
High school diploma. Ability to stand, sit, kneel, stoop, lift, assist in emergency physical care and therapeutically handle individuals. Valid New York State driver’s license and training that will support the individuals’ needs.
To provide safety and security supports for the Agency to ensure people with cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities and similar conditions live their lives to the fullest in keeping with their informed choices and Safeguards.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people Aspire serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans-bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains readiness to respond the Safety and Security needs of the persons served and their home and property by making rounds, securing the home and premises, (both inside and out) including but not limited to fire protection, lighting, following emergency procedures and responding to health emergencies that maintain the overall safety of the people and their home.
- Conduct pre-determined rounds and checks personalized to the person being supported in accordance with their Safeguards and wishes to ensure their safety.
- Conduct pre-determined checks, as assigned, of the home and property to ensure securement and safety of the premises.
- Conduct spontaneous checks of the persons supported and/or their home and property at anytime an unusual noise occurs or out of the ordinary situation arises in between the pre-determined checks.
- Conduct periodic fire drills to ensure persons supported are able to evacuate as needed.
- Insure all paths of egress, leading to a safe zone remain clear both inside and outside of the home.
- Provide written documentation of all safety check activities.
- Communicate any observations/discovery that could impact or compromise the safety of the persons being supported and/or the home/property in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the immediate safety of the persons being supported upon the observation/discovery of a situation that could impact or compromise the safety of the persons being supported and/or the home and property.
- Adheres to Agency’s Policies and Procedures, Rules and Regulations. As a condition of employment adherence to attendance and lateness standards is required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org