Residential Habilitation Aide
Website Aspire of Western New York
Full-time, Part-time, and Relief positions available in the Buffalo area.
High School diploma. Ability to stand, sit, kneel, stoop, lift, assist in physical care and therapeutically handle individuals.
Valid New York State driver’s license, certification in Med Administration, SCIP and First Aid as required by program needs.
To provide direct care services for the agency to ensure people with cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities and similar conditions live their lives to the fullest in keeping with their informed choices.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people Aspire serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans—bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards and based on the safety of the individual.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort and their natural living conditions.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a member of the Consumer Support Team and participates in the development of Individual Service Plans.
- Implements Individual Service Plans including documentation of interventions. Includes implementation of service plans on an individual and group basis.
- Completes documentation, attendance records and skill assessments as assigned.
- Provides training and assistance in and performs as indicated routine program activities, therapy carry over activities and direct care services i.e. personal care needs, meal preparation, shopping, recreation activities, housekeeping, as well as maintenance according to Individual Service Plan, active treatment schedule and/or need.
- Transports, accompanies and assists individuals in recreational activities, medical appointments, day program activities and community training as assigned.
- Administers medication and performs related duties as assigned.
- Ensures integration of services and acts as a communication linkage through contact with families and/or care takers, correspondents, staff members, transporters and other service providers. Includes informing the designated supervisor(s) of information vital to service operation and care of individuals served.
- Performs routine stock or inventory work, periodic repair work, organization of functions including but not limited to laundry, cleaning/maintenance of adaptive equipment, household and other service areas.
- Responsible for the supervision of the home or site and the individuals at all times. This is not a sleep-in position.
- Responds to safety and security needs of individuals and the site by making rounds, securing the facility, both inside and out, check lighting, fire protection and following emergency procedures, through communicating with other staff in solving day to day problems. Participates in maintaining the safety of the overall work environment.
- Completes any reporting function related to functions on the shift including but not limited to charting medication, completing and reporting incidents, charting seizures and all other related documentation.
- Prepares for shift’s activities and maintains equipment and supplies in designated rooms.
- Participates in in-services, staff training, committees and meetings as required.
- Acts as an appropriate role model for the individuals served.
- Assists in the training of new employees as assigned by supervisor.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment adherence to attendance and lateness standards is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com