Program Aide Sub 2pm-6pm
High School diploma. Able to stand, sit, kneel, stoop, lift, assist in physical care and therapeutic handling of individuals the agency serves. Valid NYS driver’s license, certification in med administration, SCIP and first aid, as required by program needs.
Provides direct care services to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people Aspire serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans—bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards and based on the safety of the individual.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort and their natural living conditions.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team participating in the development of the Individual’s Education Plan.
- Implements each child’s IEP; including documenting progress.
- Assists the teacher to prepare the child to become independent, to adjust to new situations and prepare him/her for new areas of learning.
- Provides assistant to training and assistance in and performs as indicated routine program activities and direct services according to IEP and/or need.
- Keeps areas and equipment in and near the classroom clean and neat.
- Maintains discipline, carries through activities and plans established by the teacher.
- Supervises the individual in program at all times and responds to safety and security needs of individuals.
- Attends staff meetings, staff in-services and special meetings when scheduled.
- Participates in maintaining safety of work environment.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com