Website Aspire of Western New York
Registered Nurse with a current N.Y.S. license. One year of professional clinical nursing experience is required.
Develops and conducts clinical training programs to ensure the Agency maintains those best prepared to carry out its mission, and deliver the identified training necessary for employees to be effective in their position.
Through clinical training and coordination of nursing services for assigned programs and sites to ensure that individuals supported have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people ASPIRE serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
The function of the position is performed both sitting and standing. Tasks involved
working on a computer keyboard and provide two way communications with people.
All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury.
Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis
situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as
prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not
limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train Aspire’s workforce in the areas of Med Administration, G-Tube, Residential Medical Liaison training, CPR, and Infection Control.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for above mentioned trainings and share with Aspire sites.
- Review medical training certifications from other agencies to determine what other trainings new staff may require.
- Assist with med pours (original certification and recertification) when needed.
- Coordinate and train G-tube classes on an emergency basis.
- Assist with G-tube pours (original and recertification) when needed.
- Provide assistance with evaluations of individuals due to accidents and /or
- With assistance from the Community Living nurses, assist in the completion of PONS (Plan of Nursing Services) for individuals we support.
- As needed, assist with hospital admissions, visits, and discharges.
- Provides individual and group education in preventative health measures and health maintenance.
- Provides staff training on health issues and provides consultation as assigned.
- Coordinates with programs and sites so as to ensure continuity of care for individuals served.
- Participates in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Participates in program and community committees as assigned.
- Participates in staff training, in-services and meetings as required.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com