Medicaid Service Coordinator
Website Aspire of Western New York
Bachelors Degree in health or human service field, or an RN. One year experience working with people with a developmental disability, or One year experience as a service coordinator with any population. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently to provide direction to person, supervision and, ensure service implementation, perform basic math calculation using a calculator to track consumer funds, ability to coordinate, advocate and facilitate the services an individual served requires.
Provides Service Coordination services for the Agency top ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Functions are the ability to:
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people of UCP serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment. Adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, and lift as per program needs/
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as per program needs. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual as per program needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstances ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
- Move self among the office, homes, and program locations and meeting locations. Public transportation insufficient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Service Coordination to not more than 30 individuals under MSC. May provide other types of SC as quality and consumer satisfaction tolerates (TBI,CAH)
- Documents service provision whether required or recommended i.e. monthly and/or quarterly contracts.
- Participates as a member of consumer support team.
- Develops Individual Service Plan and other plans, agreements and proposals as required (TBI and CAH budgets, etc).
- Monitors the implementation of consumer’s ISP, reviews the services and supports regularity.
- Maintains documentation of the Individual Service Plan. Ensures complete and timely submission of applications, letters, certifications and reviews as required or needed.
- Ensures site safety by reporting needed corrections in any unsafe or unsanitary condition or practice.
- Ensures adequate services and supports are maintained to meet consumer needs.
- Complete QA forms and processes for customers living in certified residence.
- Coordinates the admission of individuals to a wide variety of community services ensuring all required materials are obtained.
- Participates in appropriate and/or required training. (15 hours minimum)
- Ensures the thorough documentation of all untoward incidents and allegations of abuse including completion of preliminary investigation reports.
- Manages complete and timely eligibility of all appropriate benefits and funding.
- Participates in peer reviews of other Agency facilities, as needed.
- Responsible for on call as assigned.
- Displays conduct consistent with the highest standard of job responsibility positively and appropriately promoting the Agency’s reputation in the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Management reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.
Maintains service and support integrity given general supervision; refers unusual situations/circumstances to immediate supervisor.
CONSEQUENCE OF ERRORS:
Probable errors will, in some cases, be difficult to detect in a timely fashion, i.e.: community relationships, excessive cost to Agency, impact on Agency reviews, poor relationships with colleagues resulting in inadequate service delivery.
SAFETY FOR OTHERS:
Role model duties and responsibilities including assuring facility are maintained in a safe manner at all t6imes. Responsible for the overall well being of all consumers and staff in assigned facility.
No supervision to co-workers – only supervision of consumers on caseload.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org