Website Aspire of Western New York
1st and 2nd full-time positions open.
The required knowledge, skills and abilities of the maintenance position include knowledge of the building trades area; including but not limited to the general plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC areas. High school diploma and a valid New York State driver’s license as required by program needs. Must have the necessary transportation and tools, in combination with the Agency’s, to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position available.
To perform all maintenance duties, including but not limited to journey person skilled maintenance responsibilities, in a manner which Aspire creates the conditions under which persons with developmental disabilities and similar multiple needs experience opportunities to make choices, opportunities to develop and achieve, participation in the community, relationships with family members, friends and neighbors, good health and a secure personal future and respect and dignity.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Lift and move material and equipment both manually and mechanically.
- Operate equipment appropriately specific to job and/or tasks.
- Climb, crawl, walk, twist, turn, step up or down or side to side, push, pull, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motion tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports all factors which affect the secure operation/safety of personnel in the carrying out of related repairs/maintenance.
- Carries out all phases of Journey Person Skilled Maintenance, as necessary.
- Cleans up and makes safe as jobs are completed.
- Completes departmental reports as directed.
- Responsible for the pick up of supplies from various locations as necessary and assists with inventory control.
- Participates in maintaining safety of work environment.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org