Licensed Practical Nurse – Jamestown
Website Aspire of Western New York
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with current License. One year of
professional clinical nursing experience is required.
Provides direct habilitation and nursing services to ensure that
individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop
and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health
and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity
and experience relationships with family members, friends and
neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the
safety of the people UCPA serves. Due to the nature of the
individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the
duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all
environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and
mechanically. Manual lifting requires the ability to
lift individuals as required in their prescribed
individual program plans–bearing the weight of that
individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed
using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based
on the safety of the individual.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people
in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical
circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and
their natural living conditions.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening
emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including
using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other
techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the
individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not
limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting,
standing and lifting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development of the individual
habilitation service plans.
- Implements each individuals’ habilitation service plan,
including documentation of interventions.
- Provides training and assistance in, and performs as
indicated, habilitation activities, i.e., personal care
needs, meal preparation, shopping, recreation
activities, housekeeping, as well as other activities
according to the Individual Habilitation Service Plan.
- Transports, accompanies and assists individuals served in
shopping trips, medical appointments, day habilitation
activities and recreational activities, according to the
Individual Habilitation Service Plan.
- Participates in staff training inservices, and staff
meetings as required.
- Acts as a communication linkage with other staff members,
family and/or correspondence staff members, transportation
and other service providers via routine office related
activities and other communication links.
- Acts as an appropriate role model for the individuals
- Responsible for the supervision of the individuals served at
all times. This is not a sleep in position.
- Assists in the training of new employees as assigned by
- Participates in maintaining safety of work environment.
- Provides nursing services including executing medical
regimen prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner or dentist.
- Administers medications as prescribed; monitors effects of
medication and the overall regimen.
- Provides first aid as needed.
- Records medical information and coordinates health care
records with other health care providers as needed.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com