Licensed Practical Nurse – Day Services
Website Aspsire of Western New York
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with current NYS License. One year of professional clinical nursing experience is required. SCIP training as required.
Provides nursing services to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people Aspire serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as per programs needs. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans—bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team and participates in the development and implementation of individual service plans.
- Provides nursing services including executing medical regimen prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner or dentist and restorative and/or supportive care.
- Completes paperwork relating to medical issues, nursing care and treatment plan under the direction of a registered nurse. Completes any reports related to shift function including but not limited to completing and reporting incidents, charting seizure activity, minor illness/injury log and on-call records.
- Reports the ongoing medical needs of individuals to the registered nurse so that their needs are adequately met and maintained.
- Administers or ensures the administration of medication as prescribed and the accurate documentation of such following agency policies, procedures and protocols.
- Provides first aid as needed.
- Assists in coordinating and managing individuals’ nursing and health care needs.
- Maintains records, reports, charts and progress notes as required and coordinates records with other health care providers.
- Responsible for maintaining infection control standards and practice and to provide feedback to the registered nurse on problematic or questionable areas in infection control practice.
- Coordinate pharmaceutical services in house by overseeing storage of medications and inventories and maintain adequate supplies of drugs, nutritional supplements and medical equipment.
- Participates in maintaining individuals skin integrity by weekly body checks in consultation with the registered nurse.
- Participates in maintaining a safe work environment. Responds to safety and security of individuals and the site by making rounds as appropriate, securing the facility, both inside and out, check lighting, fire protection and following emergency procedures.
- Provides training and assistance in, and performs as indicated routine program activities, therapy carry over activities and direct care services i.e. personal care needs, recreation activities, housekeeping, as well as maintenance according to Individual Services Plan, active treatment schedule and/or need.
- Accompanies and assists individuals in medical appointments, day program activities, recreational activities and community training.
- Ensures integration of services and acts as a communication linkage through contact with families, correspondents, staff members, transporters, and other service providers. Includes informing the designated supervisor of information vital to services operation and care of individuals served.
- Responsible for the supervision of the home or site and the individuals at all time. This is not a sleep-in position.
- Participates in staff training, in-services, committees and meetings as required.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org