Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
Website Aspire of Western New York
New York State Licensed. Minimum of 1 year recent experience working as a PTA. Able to stand, sit, kneel, stoop, lift, assist in physical care and therapeutic handling of individuals.
To provide physical therapy services in a manner which ensures that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, opportunities to develop and achieve, participation in the community, relationships with family members, friends, and neighbors, good health and a secure personal future, and respect and dignity.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people ASPIRE serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans–bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as an Interdisciplinary Team Member and participates in the development of the Individual Service Plans/Individual Education Plans/Individual Family Service Plan.
- Assists in the evaluation and conducts assessments to determine extent of abilities and limitations including gross motor skills, neurodevelopmental function, perceptual-motor function, and activities of daily living; using standardized and non-standardized procedures as directed by PT.
- Assists PT in the planning and implementation of treatment plans utilizing activities/exercises selected to restore, reinforce, minimize or enhance function and, diminish or correct pathology to promote and promote health.
- Documents individual’s responses to program and maintains records.
- Assists in constructing and maintaining adaptive equipment and devices and instructs the individual, family and staff in its proper use.
- Supervises individuals in program and participates in maintaining safety of work environment.
- Participates in in-services, staff training/agency committees and meetings as assigned.
- Coordinates and monitors direct services to individuals throughout program and home activities.
- Maintains departmental materials, equipment, and regulations.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com