Group Home Manager
Website Aspire of Western New York
High school diploma or equivalent with 3 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, one of which must be in a supervisory capacity, including demonstrated competence in writing, interpersonal and organizational skills or BA degree in Human services or related field and one (1) year experience in the field of developmental disabilities. Valid New York State Driver’s License, certification in Med Administration, SCIP and First Aid, as required by program needs.
Provides assistance through being on-call during all times when not on approved time off. Ability to read and comprehend the English language sufficiently to provide direction to person supervision and ensure service implementation, perform basic math calculation using a calculator to track household and consumer funds, ability to coordinate the services an individual served requires as well as provide direction to direct care staff.
Provides site management services for the Agency to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors as specified in the Agency’s Mission Statement.
Essential Functions are the ability to:
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people of UCPA serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment. Adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as per program needs. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans-bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual as per program needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the coordination of the daily operation of the facility.
- Participates as a member of the consumer support team.
- Ensures the development of the individual program plan as designed/agreed to by the consumer support team.
- Supervises implementation of consumer’s program plans.
- Reviews documentation of the individual program plan.
- Ensures site safety by participating in facility inspections. Reports and ensures corrections in any unsafe or unsanitary condition or practice.
- Ensures adequate staffing pattern is maintained to meet consumer needs.
- Selects, hires, orients, trains and supervises direct care staff-including relief staff.
- Ensures the facility’s compliance with Agency and all applicable regulations
- Coordinates the admission of individuals to the facility ensuring all required material are obtained.
- Administers labor relations system within assigned facility.
- Ensures the thorough documentation of all untoward incidents and allegations of abuse including completion of preliminary investigation reports.
- Manages individual and house financial accounts.
- Participates in peer reviews of other Agency facilities.
- Responsible for on-call as assigned.
- Displays conduct consistent with the highest standard of job responsibility positively and appropriately promoting the Agency’s reputation in the community.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com