Facilitator of Life Choices 2
Website Aspire of Western New York
Aspire is looking for a direct support professional to provide 1:1 community habilitation supports to gain valuable experience, be a part of an innovative support team and make a difference.
Specialized training provided to stay current on Individualized support plan
High School Diploma and 3 years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Provides a continuum of community based learning opportunities to the participants of the Agency to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors.
Assists the participant(s) with the management of their daily services and with the development of training programs and provides community based instruction to people receiving services; assist with the provision of personal care as needed; provide maintenance and assistance with learning opportunities; provide personalized training.
Essential Functions are the ability to perform some or all of the following depending on assignment:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as required in their prescribed individual program plans-bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift and place people in pieces of the equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist individual and Circle of Support with the management of the day-to-day operations as assigned.
- Provides instruction, assists in the development of curricula and provides one-on-one and small group instruction to individuals in accordance with their daily activities
- Assists with providing specific training to individuals based on their personal goals within the areas of personal expression, community integration and personal wellness
- Provide assistance when needed with personal care needs as determined by the individual with added input from his/her circle of support.
- Interact with the individual engaging him/her in leisure or recreational activities as appropriate and/or as established by the individual, his/her circle of support and/or Life Coach, or Supervisor of Services.
- Prepares required documentation for services.
- Coordinates positive relationships and communication among individuals served, families, advocates, involved others, Circle of Support and the Agency.
- Implements each individual’s Person Centered Plan, including documentation of services.
- Transports, accompanies and assists individual(s) served in daily activities, specialized activities and community activities.
- Participates in in-services, staff trainings, committees, and meetings as required.
- Monitor for unsafe conditions and practices in public locations or in the individuals living situation to ensure the health, safety and well being of individual is served.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Management reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED Possible errors include, but not limited to: loss of Agency data/information, interruption/disruption of support services and injury or illness to participants.
SAFETY FOR OTHERS Oversight of the completion of services as outlined in individual Life Plan: Provides problem solving and initiates meetings of the Circle of Support when issues of service or safety arise.
Responsibility to be aware of hazards and prevent individual injuries and report unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel
CONSEQUENCE OF ERRORS
Is able to work from defined objective requiring the use, interpretation and implementation of a wide range of policies, procedures, regulations, laws and past practices. Plans and arranges work, handles questions and problem situation referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org