Facilitator of Day Service Opportunities
Website Aspire of Western New York
The position will travel and over see various sites.
BA Degree in Human Services or related field and three years of experience in the field of developmental disabilities, at least two of which are in day program management or High School Diploma or equivalent with five years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, at least three years of which are in day service management, including demonstrated competence in writing, interpersonal and organizational skills or a comparable combination of education and experience and a valid New York State Drivers License.
To provide training and support to Resource Facilitators within Aspire of WNY Day Programs and to ensure that staff and individuals receive consistent supports and that policies are followed the same in each day program facility. The Facilitator of Day Service Opportunities will ensure consistency in staff training, orientation, scheduling and day program oversight to best meet the needs of program participants, focusing on the programs which are not located with other agency operations.
Essential Duties are the ability to:
Assist with the day to day management of assigned services, supervise staff, provide direct oversight of services, ensure compliance with regulations and grant performance standards, promote positive relationship and communications. Adherence to attendance and lateness standards is required.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people whom Aspire serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury.
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as per program needs. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans–bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual as per program needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support for, training to, and relief as needed, for Resource Facilitators of Aspire of WNY Day Services. This includes the coordination of training and organization of Resource Facilitators at assigned locations to best meet regulatory requirements and program participant needs.
- Organizes and trains Resource Facilitators to supervise the provision of services as determined by individual service plans, Habilitation Plans and all associated or related services to ensure health and safety, including maintaining a visible presence by observing implementation of services for quality assurance/quality improvement purposes within assigned locations.
- Acts in conjunction with site supervisor to coordinate behavior management services and therapy/medical supports if required and in conjunction with the Psychologists and program staff.
- Assumes for incident reporting responsibility as assigned to ensure thorough documentation of all incidents and preliminary investigation reports as well as completion of recommendations.
- Manages the overall operations of a day program when training a new Resource Facilitator or filling in for Resource Facilitators when on leave or vacancies occur. In addition, ensures that the Resource Facilitators supported manage the overall operations in methods consistent with the policies and procedures of the Day Program and the agency as a whole.
- Serves as a Mentor for assigned staff persons.
- Administers the Agency’s labor relations systems within the department, including hiring, discipline, termination and staff performance evaluations.
- Assumes responsibility for training Resource Facilitators in and assists with preparation of activity schedules and staff schedules as assigned. Includes ensuring that adequate staffing pattern is maintained to meet individual needs.
- Performs staff training as per policy and procedure and as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for training Resource Facilitators in and as assigned for coordinating community activities for community activities for individuals including coordination of transportation, participation schedules and staffing patterns as required.
- Performs assigned quality assurance record keeping/responsibilities and /or record review.
- Ensures and oversees implementation of policy and procedures and is responsible for maintaining compliance to applicable rules and regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for training Resource Facilitators in and develops service plans / habilitation plans and ensures related documentation is completed.
- Participates as a member of the support team for assigned individual when appropriate.
- Assists with and supervises the intake/admission/discharge activities as assigned.
- Coordinates positive relationships and communicates among individuals served, residential staff, families, advocates and the Agency.
- Participates in assigned internal committees, participates in Agency committees, meetings and training as assigned.
- Conduct site safety and sanitation inspections; ensures adherence to safety and sanitation policies and procedures; reporting and ensures correction of any unsanitary/ unsafe conditions and practices to ensure the health, safety and well being of individuals served, employees, volunteers and general public.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org