Website Aspire of Western New York
Possession of a valid NYS Drivers License (CDL preferred), with a clean driving record. One year of paid applicable experience desired. Working knowledge of WNY area streets and routes. Able to physically handle individuals with disabilities as situations require.
To operate Agency vehicles in the performance of transportation service in a manner which Aspire of Western New York Inc., creates the conditions under which persons with developmental disabilities and similar multiple needs experience opportunities to make choices, opportunities to develop and achieve, participation in the community, relationships with family members, friends, and neighbors, good health and a secure personal future, and respect and dignity.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people ASPIRE serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in a variety of environments and using all appropriate equipment.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in their prescribed individual program plans–bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs various driving assignments for Aspire.
- Performs required vehicle safety checks to insure passenger safety per law and regulations.
- Completes as required, any and all data forms in conjunction with passenger moves and vehicle checks.
- Adheres to applicable State, Federal and local laws and regulations as required.
- Provides assistance to individuals served in appropriate and acceptable manner
to insure safety of passengers in Agency vehicles.
- Adheres to Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.