Director of Nursing
Website Aspire of Western New York
Registered Nurse; 5 years of experience, 2 years of which should be supervisory; experience supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred.
Supervise and coordinate nursing services for the Agency to continue to have a meaningful impact on those we support, those who work for us and all who work with us. Aspire’s Mission, Vision and Values demonstrate the Agency’s commitment to supporting opportunities for people to achieve their life goals at home, school, work and in the community.
Essential Functions are the ability to:
Manage nursing services for the Agency to ensure compliance with governing laws, regulations, regulatory agencies, bargaining unit agreement, agency policy and procedures.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one hour unpaid meal break, without a significant risk of serious injury.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong computer skills and ability to navigate Microsoft word applications, cloud based software applications and databases. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Critical and crucial to the position’s essential function is the safety of the people of ASPIRE serves. Due to the nature of the individuals we serve, the essential functions require all the duties and responsibilities listed below to be performed in all environments and using all appropriate equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury.
Essential Physical Functions are the ability to:
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, sit, stand and lift as per program needs.
- Provide two-way communications with people.
- Lift and transfer the individual both manually and mechanically as per program needs. Manual lifting requires the ability to lift individuals as required in theirprescribed individual program plans–bearing the weight of that individual. Mechanical lifting will be performed using proper mechanical lifting standards, and based on the safety of the individual as per program needs.
- Transfer, move, reposition, shift, and place people in pieces of equipment necessary for their physical circumstance ensuring their safety, comfort, and their natural living conditions as per program needs.
- Physical agility/ability to react to a life-threatening emergency or to intervene in a crisis situation including using your body as an intervention (SCIP or other techniques), as prescribed, to assure safety of the individuals. Physical agility/ability includes but is not limited to bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing and lifting as per program needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise day to day nursing operations of the Agency including nursing triage, nursing care assessments, treatment planning and provision of first aid, restorative and/or supportive care.
- Acts as liaison to the Medical Director, physicians and other health care consultants to coordinate clinical operations.
- Directly supervises Nursing Supervisors; nurses, medical assistants and other staff as applicable, including hiring, discipline, termination and employee performance evaluations.
- Develop and implement staffing patterns and perform staff development including hiring, training, coaching and discipline.
- Develops and ensures implementation of policy, procedure, and nursing profession standards, and is responsible for compliance to applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensures efficient and comprehensive medical/nursing record keeping systems.
- Directs efforts toward the control of communicable diseases and infections through identification and assessment, reporting of communicable diseases and infection in accordance with law, and implementation of appropriate protective and preventive measures.
- Manages and oversees day-to-day nursing operations. Mentors and performs skill building of nursing staff.
- Responsible for the operation of 24-hour on-call services and participates in taking calls.
- Provides training as needed.
- Oversees inventories, ordering and maintenance of drug supplies, medical supplies and equipment.
- Fosters positive relationships and communications among individuals served, families, advocates, division staff professionals and medical staff.
- Participates in community and Agency committees, meetings and training.
- Responsible for oversight in all areas of safety and sanitation; adherence to safety and sanitation policies and procedures; reporting and correction of any unsanitary/unsafe conditions and practices to ensure the health, safety and well being of individuals served, employees, volunteers and general public.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org