Clinical Office Manager
Website Aspire of Western New York
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; New York State license and registration as a Registered Nurse.(Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.) Must have good working knowledge of medical practice operations both clinical and non-clinical (minimum of 5 years in a medical practice administrative role required) ; possess the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good clinical judgment.
To provide both clinical and operations administrative support to 7 Community Drive Health Center which creates the conditions under which persons with developmental disabilities and similar multiple needs experience opportunities to make choices: opportunities to develop and achieve participation in the Community; develop relationships with family members, friends and neighbors; maintain good health and secure a personal future and are provided dignity and respect.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Provide oversight to nursing staff and medical suite operations.
- Sit, grasp, reach and perform repetitive finger motions.
- Provide clinical services which may involve administering medications, responsible patient lifting and clinical interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete performance appraisals for all direct reports which reflect ongoing clinical performance monitoring and oversight.
- Supervise Medical Assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses according to Article 28 guidelines.
- Perform and maintain clinical chart audits for quality of care purposes; perform periodic checks of clinical equipment to ensure they are in good working order.
- Complete nursing schedules according to provider needs.
- Coordinate nursing staff by providing oversight to medical practice work flows, nursing hours, nursing assignments in concert with requests from providers and nursing administration.
- Act as a clinical liaison with Medical Director, maintaining communication through regular meetings and as necessary; communicate with Director of Residential Nursing and Director of Residential Services through multi-disciplinary strategies which focus on the delivery of quality patient care.
- Ensure clinical team support for medical providers’ needs by communicating expectations to clinical staff and monitoring behaviors.
- Assist patients with decision-making, clinical education needs, resource selection and medical/diagnostic referrals.
- Analyze clinical data with regard to effectiveness of patient care, clinical quality, patient satisfaction and evidence-based metrics.
- Manage ACO, PCMH, Dementia, VA and other program caseloads; provide oversight for patient care, clinical data entry and case management reporting.
Other Clinical Management Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing oversight and clinical management expertise for collaborative projects which interface with primary care, external agencies and internal agency divisions.
- Monitor MOLST patients for medical providers and present clinic trainings on this.
- Interview and hire clinical staff.
- Arrange peer review audits for medical providers on a monthly basis.
- Provide support for EMR training in “Train the Trainer” role.
- Standardize medical practice nursing guidelines through interpretation of national standards; develop, implement and oversee maintenance of clinical policies and procedures as appropriate and necessary.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through education, refereed journal review and professional networking.
- Perform additional job duties as assigned by the Vice President of Clinical Services.
- Verifies accuracy of billing, either through paper sources or electronic.
- Responsible for billing for PPDs and HEPs.
- Maintains petty cash accounting and reporting.
- Provides final review for intake process for psychiatry and A-28 patients.
- Creates on-call schedule for nursing and providers.
- Oversees formal correspondence for practice discharges or other required communications.
- Works to ensure a safe clinical and operational environment for staff and providers.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Clinical Services.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com