Behavior Specialist Teacher
Website Aspire of WNY
Work Where You Can Make An IMPACT!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Full-time position providing support to teachers, staff and students, as well as the implementation of behavior support plans and ongoing behavior needs for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Special Education; Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in special education or related field with experience in direct service to children using Positive Behavior Supports.
The successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate an understanding, patient, respectful and receptive attitude toward exceptional needs students of varied age groups;
- Ability to work with students who exhibit inappropriate behaviors and provide support and professional learning for staff who work with such students.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with children and adults contacted in the course of work
- Provide training, assistance and guidance to school staff in behavioral intervention procedures;
- Maintain accurate records and files, and prepare documents and reports;
- Have knowledge of crisis intervention strategies, ability to apply a gradually progressive system of verbal and non-verbal strategies to effectively deescalate potentially dangerous situations.
- Have knowledge of strategies for the development and implementation of positive behavior intervention plans and current accepted best practices included in the full continuum of placement options for students with autism and other behavioral challenges;
- Have knowledge of ABA, task analysis, and data collection.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org