Agency Support Broker Self Directed Services
Website Aspire of Western New York
Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Human Service field and one year experience working with people with a developmental disability; or Associate’s Degree in Health and Human Services and 2 years of brokering experience. Must complete Broker Institute and other required trainings and 12 hours of annual professional development. Must have ability to do basic math computations on Excel spreadsheet. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
Develop and maintain the individual budget, conduct Circle of Support meetings, attend ISP meetings, complete the Community Habilitation plan and other required documentation, act as liaison among the Planning Team to ensure that individuals served have opportunities to make choices, develop and achieve, participate in the community, maintain good health and secure personal future, be treated with respect and dignity and experience relationships with family members, friends and neighbors.
Ability to perform all essential job functions for a minimum of a seven and one half hour shift, with one unpaid meal break, without significant risk of serious injury.
The function of the position usually is performed:
The function of the position usually is performed sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involve working on a computer keyboard, calculator, cutting, labeling and taping involving extensive wrist and hand movement. Provide two-way communications with people. All employees are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with individual and planning team to develop and/or maintain and monitor SDS budget.
- Help to develop and ensure members of Planning Team are freely chosen and operating in the person’s best interest and within the principles of Self Determination.
- Write the person centered habilitation plan and safeguards.
- Complete required documentation.
- Conduct Planning Team meetings and participate in ISP meetings.
- Complete other duties as specified in the person’s Broker Agreement.
- Participate in meetings and committees as directed.
- Attend required trainings.
- Facilitate and maintain communication among Planning Team members to help ensure effective services.
- Participates in maintaining safety of work environment.
- Adheres to Agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, adherence to attendance and lateness standards are required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org