The Service Coordination program connects individuals with services and supports that reflect their dreams and needs. We help develop, implement and maintain a personal network of services, supports and activities. Self-advocacy and empowerment are encouraged. Service Coordination is an alliance between the person, the Service Coordinator, and the person's chosen circle of friends, family, and service providers. The Service Coordinator works with this circle of support to explore interests and determine goals. The Service Coordinator then sets up an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) to address and monitor those individualized needs and goals.
NOW AN OPW EDUCATION SERVICE PROVIDER.
We now provide services in ISP Training, MSC Core Training
and Self Advocacy/Self Determination.How Can Service Coordinators Help?
- Recognition of the importance of family, our Service Coordinators maintain regular contact and support to family members regarding services being provided and the person's well being.
- Assistance in understanding and applying for Guardianship.
- Planning is individualized; not system-centered.
- Assistance in applying for and maintaining entitlements such as SSI, food stamps, and Medicaid.
- Assistance in establishing bank accounts and resolving financial problems.
- Assistance in finding a doctor or therapist of your choice.
- Coordinating and advocating with school program personnel.
- Referrals for residences and independent living assistance.
- Assistance in securing subsidized housing and getting home care and respite services.
Social and Recreational
- Extensive assistance is given in finding recreational opportunities such as clubs, summer camps, sports, vacations, leisure programs and companion programs.
Environmental Modification and Adaptive Technology (EMODS)
- Assistance in obtaining EMODS to ensure that a person's health, safety and welfare needs are met through necessary modifications to help the person maintain the ability to live at home and in the community.
What about the Cost?
The cost for the Service Coordinator is almost always covered by Medicaid, so there is no charge to the individual. For those who do not have Medicaid Insurance, alternate payment plans can be arranged.
For More Information:
In Erie or Niagara County call:
Phone: (716) 505-5830
In Allegany, Cattaraugus, or Chautauqua Counties, call:
Phone: (716) 763-9070 or (800) 940-9135
Fax: (716) 763-3580