Individualized Career & Transition Services (ICTS) helps prepare the high school student as they transition to adult life. The foundation is the person-centered vocational profile. ICTS then develops a transition plan through the profile process to address all areas of the student's life - including social, transportation, vocation, new funding sources, etc.
The program identifies goals for the student's remaining time in the school district. More importantly, it answers the question: What will the student's life look like when they graduate and enter the adult world? ICTS is a collaborative effort between Aspire, the individual, their family and school district. An individualized transition plan is then developed with such typical components as:
- Social opportunities within community
- Paid or unpaid community work experience
- Alternative transportation methods
- Post graduation funding sources
- Service Coordination
- Job shadowing
- Employer tours
In addition, individualized educational coaching is available for students with a local or Regents diploma who are interested in post-secondary education. Usually offered during the senior year, a typical day might include:
- Assistance with college application process
- Identifying a potential major to pursue
- How to register for a college course
- Navigating the college campus
For more information on Career Preparation for High Schoolers, please call 716.836.7235.