What is the Quality Plan?
Aspire's Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) Plan is an ever evolving strategy to ensure excellent services for all the people we serve, as well as all Aspire employees. The QA/QI plan is developed by the Aspire Quality Division and outlines all of the initiatives in place to ensure the continuous improvement of quality care for our customers.
Some of these initiatives are:
· Customer Satisfaction: Aspire values feedback from the people we support. We routinely solicit feedback from individuals and families through our Customer Satisfaction Surveys and our Quality of Life Visits. This helps us find out what our customers want and where we need to improve. At Aspire, we are committed providing quality services that are person centered.
· Trend analysis: A mechanism to measure and analyze agency operations in order to acknowledge best practices and offer ideas for improvement as needed.
· Auditing: QA/QI has a systemic and strategic approach to conducting quality reviews to ensure that the Mission and Vision of the Agency is upheld, as well as adherence to all state and federal regulations.
· Electronic Data Management: Aspire's OPWDD funded operations uses Therap, an integrated solution for documentation and communication. Therap has reduced our reliance on paper and has streamlined communications and storage of information.
· Aspire Incident Management (AIM): This service provides technical assistance to, and collaboration with, managers in real time when an incident may have occurred.
What is Corporate Compliance?
Corporate Compliance is the philosophy and implementation of the highest standard of ethical standards; conducting business in accordance with this standard as well as the mandates of all state and federal guidelines. Aspire of WNY continually strives to provide the best level of care and service by utilizing the Corporate Compliance Program. This program establishes policies, provides staff training, and performs audits and investigations. The Corporate Compliance Officer, Compliance Committee, and Board of Directors ensure that all standards are met.
Who is responsible for it?
Compliance is every team member's responsibility. Aspire's QA/QI Division serves as the "central nervous system" of the compliance program. Questions, complaints, concerns and suggestions come to the department from numerous sources, such as Aspire staff, individuals we support, families, visitors and community members. QA/QI is a resource for information and coordination of compliance, which affects every facility, site, department and individual within the organization.
To obtain a copy of the Aspire Compliance Program or to report any concerns, please call the Aspire Hotline at (716) 505-5671. You do not have to give your name or any other identifying information. All matters reported to the Hotline will be investigated thoroughly and in a timely manner.
Aspire of WNY is fully compliant with HIPAA, HITECH Omnibus Rule, and NYS confidentiality laws that became effective on March 26, 2013. The Act strives to ensure confidentiality and security of Protected Health Information for all customers and employees. QA/QI ensures that all staff are trained on HIPAA/HITECH, and monitors the effectiveness of this training through audit activities. Please Call the Aspire Hotline at (716) 505-5671 if you have any questions regarding Aspire's Privacy Practices, or any concerns about the protection of confidential information.